Business Operations Manager reporting to the CTO
The Group is active in more than 50 countries spread over the whole world. It represents an increasing turnover of 400 million euros. The Group employs worldwide more than 2.500 employees. They create practical, sustainable and beautiful lighting solutions tailored to locations from Rome's Coliseum to the Channel Tunnel. Their latest innovation is to use street lighting to support connectivity in smart cities.
As Business Operations Manager reporting to CTO, you will:
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Perform monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using metrics and automated reports.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
You will also manage the administrative support of the CTO Office and:
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting.
- Manage email correspondence on behalf of CTO with customers, partners, suppliers etc…
- Help manage (global) CTO meetings, advising on the agenda and ensuring the logistics run smoothly. Prepare the opening comments/update for the CTO.
- Lead, support executive presentations and speech writing for CTO, liaising with key stakeholders to drive a consistent message.
- Ensure briefs for CTO are produced and quality checked for key messages, tone, style and structure.
- Help manage and deliver the Quarterly Technology Reviews – including pre-briefings
At least 10 years of relevant experience in similar position
- Knowledge of the lean six sigma methodology is a big plus.
- You are completely fluent in English and can work in French – Dutch is an asset
- A knowledge of standard software packages (ERP…) as well as of data warehouses and technical systems – you are familiar with the automation of standard or recurring reports.
- You have analytical skills and you have insight into business processes, KPIs and drivers within companies.
- You are strong in devising the appropriate method to find effective solutions for business problems.
- You are autonomous, efficient and goal-oriented in the dashboarding with the aim to acquire strategic insights.
- You can think and work on conceptual level, but also the details where necessary.
- You have a healthy dose of persuasion.
- You are customer-oriented and able to communicate diplomatically at all levels.
- You can inform and provide feedback in a clear way.
- You are able to build up and maintain a broad internal network of contacts to guarantee efficient cooperation and high quality service.
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information.
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.