Medior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is – besides being a leader in industrial IoT solutions – developing and marketing a range of 3G and 4G wireless communication modules for automotive use. We count several premium automakers under our customers. We design flexible communication modules that can scale up to a fully integrated Java-enabled application environment with integrated cellular communication, GNSS and with advanced embedded cybersecurity features, enabling customers to create high value telematics applications. Our client is recently also actively developing products for the emerging V2X (Vehicle-to-everything) and 5G markets. He wants to strengthen its software team located in Leuven, Belgium, with a medior embedded software engineer who will participate in all phases of the software design of current and future products. She/he is also expected to interact with team members of the international automotive team in general and the site in Leuven in particular.
- You design, implement, port, reverse-engineer, debug, document, test and maintain specific embedded software, written in various programming languages;
- You work under the guidance of the software architect and software project leader;
- You contribute actively to and review the software architectural design; contribute to effort estimations; participate to code peer reviews;
- You work according to the department’s software development process and way of working, more specifically the use of the configuration management system, build system and review system;
- You analyze and resolve customer issues (change requests, problem reports, …);
- You take initiatives and drive department improvement actions related to process or way-ofworking;
- You perform technical root cause analysis and outline corrective action for given problems.
- Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in designing embedded software;
- Strong skills in C and java programming for embedded (linux) systems; C++, python and other programming languages are a plus;
- Embedded Linux or RTOS programming experience: cross-compilation, application development, middleware integration, kernel building, kernel debugging, driver tweaking…;
- Good understanding of CPU architectures and tools – in particular Cortex-A and x86 (Atom);
- Good understanding of IP networking: IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, routing…; network programming;
- Experience in mobile communication, M2M, IoT technologies are a plus;
- Good understanding of embedded systems hardware and debugging techniques;
- In-depth experience with Git version control; hands-on experience with Jenkins, docker and continuous integration are a plus;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and/or French, oral and written. Personality
- You are open-minded, creative, result-driven, pragmatic, hands-on, have a no-nonsense attitude, can cope with a changing environment and have a ‘will do’ attitude;
- You have a passion for technology, for learning, for improvement and to look beyond the obvious;
- You can work autonomously, albeit with an open and cooperative mindset;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and show respect and diplomacy in customer interaction;
- You are a team player and can work in an agile environment.