Senior Scientist - Biomarkers Specialist
Our client is a clinical stage biotech company leading the development of new therapies for rare diseases. The company’s leading program is currently in an ongoing phase 2/3 clinical trial for the treatment Central Nervous System disease.
- Support or lead development and implementation of translational medicine strategies for CNS drug candidates, including evaluation of pharmacodynamics in preclinal and clinical studies.
- Partner with clinical and research groups to execute high quality biomarker strategies.
- Evaluate, interpret, and present clinical biomarker data to guide project decisions and direction.
- Drive efforts to evaluate and implement novel, state of the art technologies and concepts for clinical and non-clinical biomarker studies.
- Implement standardized and cutting-edge tools in clinical trials to establish target engagement and develop patient selection biomarker strategies.
- Design and perform experiments to elucidate mechanisms of action and progression of the diseases that can be developed into biomarkers and new therapeutics.
- Contribute to and review of investigators brochures, protocols and reviews.
- Revise and analyse scientific projects
- Establish and maintain liaison with key opinion leaders, academic groups and CROs to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored
- Monitor journal publications and conference presentations for relevant developments
- PhD with 4+ years of related work experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry or Biotech/Start-up companies
- Strong scientific background in biology (neurosciences) and orphan indications and good knowledge of –omics applications supported by publication record in these areas
- Clinical development experience interacting with teams conducting clinical trials
- Demonstrated leadership in translational sciences, employing pharmacodynamic, predictive and exploratory biomarkers
- Experience in analysis of large datasets and knowledge of biostatistics
- Experience in assay development, qualification and implementing biomarker assays on diverse platforms including IHC/IF, gene expression profiling, flow cytometry
- Collaboration, documentation and presentation skills
- Skill in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellency in written and spoken English as second language
- Flexibility, autonomous, good time management, team-working skills, stress resistant
- Prepared to travel to clinical investigational sites, conferences and meeting.
- Ability to work proactively and delivering results under tight timelines
- Well-developed communication skills, problem solving skills, creative thinking