Senior Scientist - Preclinical Projects
Our client is a clinical stage biotech company leading the development of new therapies for rare diseases. The company’s leading program is currently in an ongoing phase 2/3 clinical trial for the treatment Central Nervous System disease.
- Coordinate and manage preclinical activities according to contractual time and quality/cost parameters.
- Support or lead development and implementation of translational medicine strategies for CNS drug candidates.
- Design and perform experiments to elucidate mechanisms of action and progression of the diseases.
- Contribute to and review of investigators brochures, protocols and reviews.
- Revise and analyse scientific projects
- Establish and maintain liaison with key opinion leaders, academic groups and CROs to ensure that significant developments in the field are identified and monitored
- Monitor journal publications and conference presentations for relevant developments
- Develop in depth analysis and projections of project timelines and financials for senior management.
- Coordinate and serve as a key interface with external collaborators and vendors.
- Manage key meetings in support of project advancement, including agenda preparation, meeting logistics, assembling content, and preparing and distributing minutes and follow-up items
- Facilitate the definition and execution of project goals and deliverables through project planning, implementation of project tracking tools, and enhancing multidisciplinary transparency, coordination, and communication
- Effectively manage project information.
- Draft technical reports on project activities
- PhD with 4+ years of related work experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry or Biotech/Start-up companies
- Experience in scientific project manager positions.
- Strong scientific background in biology (neurosciences would be a big asset) and ideally also orphan indications. Good knowledge of –omics applications supported by publication record in these areas.
- Drug development experience interacting with teams conducting clinical trials
- Excellency in written and spoken English as second language
- Flexibility, autonomous, good time management, team-working skills, stress resistant
- Prepared to travel to clinical investigational sites, conferences and meeting.
- Ability to work proactively and delivering results under tight timelines
- Well-developed communication skills, problem solving skills, creative thinking
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please address your application (CV and short motivation text, both in English) to our recruitment partner, Plus One:
Only selected candidates will be contacted.