Our Client is a SME developing and supporting the ACTRAN family of acoustic CAE (computer-aided engineering) products. Our client is now the acoustic division of a larger corporation (Group). The company serves customers as diverse as car manufacturers and their suppliers, aircraft and aircraft engine manufacturers, loudspeakers and other audio device producers, consultants, universities and research centers. The Company also provides related services: acoustic CAE consultancy (on-site or off-site), training, specific developments, contract research and provides a range of services in the field of acoustic design. The Company is also involved in multiple research programs in acoustics, aero-acoustics, vibro-acoustics, high-performance computing etc. The Company operates from its belgian headquarters (close to Louvain-la-Neuve) and from branch offices in Toulouse, Tokyo, Beijing, Bangalore and Troy. It also leverage the commercial and distribution network of its mothership (Group).
To sustain their growth in Europe, they are looking for a Regional Business Manager in charge of the Italian, British and Scandinavian territories.
Within the client’s business development team and under the supervision of the Managing Director, the major goal of the Regional Business Manager is to grow the acoustic business of the company on the assigned territory : Italy, U.K., Scandinavian. More specifically, this means achieving the related Actran software sales, renewals and profitable service targets by working with existing clients and driving new name clients (new logos). This should be done in close collaboration with the Group’s sales force and the Group’s channel partners (sales overlay function) as well as specific direct account engagement.
To achieve the above goal, the Regional Business Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Be the acoustics representative for the territory including representing the company at trade shows, user group meetings and engineering society meetings.
- Provide sales support for existing customers as needed.
- Coordinate seminars and webinars with the internal teams and the Group field sales and telemarketing groups.
- Coordinate with the company HQ team in putting together concise, industry-based value statements for Actran relevant to the territory that all reps can use in a customer discussion.
- Provide accurate forecast on a regular basis (weekly) as well as other information as required.
- Provide a systematic & consistent feedback to the company about the discussions made in the field. This includes feedback from the customers about the products, feedback from the field about the competition, sales situation of the prospects & customers.
Driving and supporting the Group Sales Organization (50% of time spent)
- Help to insure that the Group organization is well trained on current and future capabilities of the Actran product suite.
- Work with the company HQ team to develop value statements that can be used by the Group sales team in relevant target markets.
- Work with the Group sales force during the potential prospect identification, qualification and closing processes of their acoustic opportunities. If needed require the assistance of the company technical teams, communicate the account plan to them.
- Together with Group Regional Directors and account managers, develop and execute Territory Plans and/or Account Plans that maximize revenue.
- Make sales call with Group account managers and coordinate the follow-up activity required to close business.
Direct Selling Activities (50% of time spent)
- Identify target markets which Group sales representatives will not likely focus (ex. speaker manufactures, consumer products companies, etc.
- For specific markets where it would be not worth for a Group sales rep to focus on perform direct lead generation, sales activities and closing. Direct lead generation and prospect engagement should be primarily focused outside the Group core industries (Auto & Aero) but not exclusively.