Our Client is a Bioinformatic and Microbiology biotech spin-off of the University of Liege aiming to provide pharmaceutical and agrochemical companies with novel approaches to discover new bioactive molecules. Our Client has a unique strategy based on a powerful software and on a unique database of gene regulation mechanisms, that allow the prediction of the culture conditions needed for the expression of unknown metabolites (cryptic metabolites). At the opposite of random and low success rate classical screening strategies, this approach drastically speeds up the discovery of new natural compounds.
Our Client has also access to a unique collection of novel bioactive producing microorganisms originating from unexplored and extreme environments. The R&D activity of the company is focused on the exploitation of the genomic information of natural compounds producing microorganisms to uncover and propose lead compounds for unmet medical/biotech needs.
The Company is raising funds to be able to launch its R&D development and commercial activity.
In tight connection with the 4 founders of the company and with the board , the CEO will lead the management of the company during the early steps of development. On the basis of the business model and development plan built by the founders, the CEO is expected to refine and implement the strategy of the company for the next three years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adapt the business model and the development program to his/her vision of the company development in tight connection with the board
- Fix priorities to reach the milestones of the development program of the next three years
- Develop Business with the identification of, and negotiation of partnership agreements with, new partners/customers
- Coordinate financial, operational, business development/marketing tasks with available human resources and/or partners/subcontractors
- Establish a R&D network with public and private partners in Wallonia and Europe