About our client
Our client creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. They design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions.
Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
As Project Engineering Manager, your mission will be to manage the technical contractual scope of the project ensuring its delivery according to the quality, cost, performance and scheduled commitment originally agreed and, if applicable, updated as a result of negotiated variation orders.
You have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium) in the center of Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Manage the technical contractual scope of the project:
- Be accountable for the customer acceptance of the project solution
- Manage the project technical risks and the corresponding mitigation plan
- Together with the Project Manager, in case of contractual scope evolution, rise variation order and manage it
- Validate the technical design choices
- Manage the project solution, including the customization and specific configuration of the generic solution to meet Quality, Cost, Delivery and Performance commitments:
- Ensure, with support of the required experts and involving all stakeholders, that all the technical requirements of the contract are fully addressed throughout the project lifecycle
- Be responsible of the project design and application engineering activities
- Supervise Verification & Validation activities
- Provide BOM
- Verify Project Safety Case (scope, strategy and exported constraints
- Functionally lead the project engineering team:
- Allocate Task(s) across Project Engineering team and ensure engineering activities follow-up
- Deploy the applicable engineering process, methods & tools on the project
- Manage and participate in the evaluation of the project engineering team
- Share Environment, Health and Security (EHS) rules with project engineering team (receiving inputs from PM/Project EHS Manager/Coordinator or RC EHS Manager)
- Support assessment of the teams involved in project engineering activities, including the ones belonging to a different Regional Center.
- Manage the interface with the project core team:
- Provide all technical documents to the project core team members for the industrialisation, sourcing, installation, test and commissioning
- Provide support to the Project Technical Manager on execution of technical activities
- Engineering Degree in Electronics, Telecom, Automation, Electricity, Robotics or in another similar technical specialty is mandatory.
- A full proficient use of English and a good command of French are mandatory. Other languages would be assets (especially German and Dutch).
- At least 10 years of experience with a solid background in Test & Integration activities.
- Knowledge of railways signalling systems (ERTMS) is a plus.
- Experience as Teamleader and in Project Management would be very important assets.
- Rigorous and reliable
- (self) entrepreneurial
- Team motivator
- Good autonomy
- Excellent communication and inter-relational skills
Our client’s offer
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our client where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. They are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.